View Single Post
      07-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #1
gixracer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M3/SlickN55/SlickN54/128

128/Exocet dilemma

Dilemma time. I have a 128 sport that’s been well modified and has been a great driver but has also been my track car for about 2-3 days a year. I’m 6’4 and put a fixed seat in for the last track day and loved it even more.
I also have an Race framed Exocet Miata project that was supposed to be my track car full time. This was supposed to be the more fun of the two cars.
My 128 has now popped bondo on the outside of the right rear fender and needs to be fixed. Damage was never reported on car fax and I’m pissed off. I like the safety of a full car but the Exocet expenses/ consumable will be cheaper. I haven’t finished the Exocet yet but am contemplating selling it before my build choices(colors and options) make it too personalized.
The question is do I stay with the Exocet and finish it or broom it to the curb. If I broom it the 128 will get an lsd and 17’ with dedicated r compounds( faster than the 260 treadwears)
Hive thoughts? I want to do more days and up it to 4-5 a year. Not racing, been there done that with motorcycles.