View Single Post
      08-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

DIY How to read your (instrument pannel) software version...

Hi Guys,

(NOTE!) Its been pointed out to me that this DIY only reads the software version of the instrument cluster and NOT the engine ECU!

I was playing around with my car and I found a simple way to read what software version your car has loaded. Here is what to do!

When you put the key fob in the slot this is what the dash will show: time and temp.

With the key fob in the slot, start the engine. Press and HOLD the trip reset button down for about fifteen seconds.

After seven seconds you will get the service reset light to come on... KEEP HOLDING THE TRIP RESET BUTTON DOWN! This is what will show up after fifteen secs:

Screen zero... this is your car's VIN last numbers:

This is the first screen in this hidden menu. I have no idea what it means. ??? Anyone?

Now use the trip reset button to toggle thru the menu...

screen two... ???

screen three... ???

screen four... this is the date that your car was built on!

screen five... ???

screen siix... SOFTWARE VERSION your car has! :-)

screen seven... ???

screen eight... last screen... ???

I would like to have you guys check your software and see who has the latest software version. Also report wether your car drives ok or has the dreaded "lag". Mine feels great and has little to no lag. No problems to date!

So... who has a SW code newer than mine? 99.50.80

Dackel

PS: In case you missed my How to reset your servicemaint lights... here is the link:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415111

Last edited by Dackelone; 09-14-2011 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0