Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i ZSP 6MT

Garage List
2010 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almuliman View Post
Took my 1er to the BMW CCA HDPE at Pacific Raceways yesterday. First time I've been on track, so it was ... educational

Car did great, other than it turns out I made the wrong decision in not going with race fluid for the brakes. I knew it was a roll o' the dice, but I didn't figure I'd be doing enough heavy braking often enough at PIR to need it. I was wrong. Kept losing the brakes going into turn 2A after 4-5 hot laps – taking it easy for a lap got them back to "good enough" for another hot lap, but that was it. Lesson learned.

As for the driver upgrade, there was significant progress throughout the day. I figured out 2A/2B well enough to consistently not get it *all* wrong, found a great flow through 5A, 5B, and 6, and now know that I need to work a lot on 3A/3B next time. I had a little off in 3B in the very last session of the day when I was experimenting with taking 3A/B in 2nd, but otherwise made it through without incident.

I've been wanting to do a track forever, but just never got around to it. So glad I can finally check that box, but of course that's not the end of it. Way too much fun to just do once.
I'm jealous. Still wanting to do HDPE at Pacific at some point, but I'm holding off until the VANOS recall is done on my car. Don't want to nerf it on the track if a bolt shears / comes loose.
Lemon Boston Sport Interior
Appreciate 0