View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #61
deletedgone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
In what ways are they better ? or so much better ? how's the ride comfort ? I'm looking forward to replacing my rf with the Bridgestons S-04 pole position of the same size 225/255s.
I'm not a very technical driver, so take my comments with a grain of salt, but here are my immediate impressions:

Much quieter. I commute around an hour a day going 70 - 80 on rather nice interstate highway. The tire noise has reduced enough that I have now noticed some wind noise from the passenger window (and it is driving me nuts.)

More comfortable. They are softer, but I can still feel some of the road. Small potholes are no longer jarring. I don't feel like I'm fighting against the tires following road imperfections as much.

Noticeably more grip. Of course, one of the first things I do is go WOT from a roll. Normally, the traction control light would go wild and start cutting power. Nothing. Granted, I was already rolling on the power gradually to full throttle, but they definitely maintained traction when the old run flats would not have.

I switched tires after reading all of the positive reviews around here. I was honestly a little nervous that they wouldn't live up to the hype and that I'd feel like I had make a mistake. Not so. For me, the difference was night and day.
Appreciate 0