05-12-2011, 03:12 PM   #31
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Man you are doing a great job of not being an asshole. The exhaust, intake, and ecu certainly are part part of the overall powerplant. Regardless of what power is added, that is not the point. We are trying to establish that there are differences in the powerplant between between the 135 and the 1M.

In the end who cares if the engine code is the same. I will take a factory tuned car anyday over an aftermarket software fix. It is not only the engine that make an M car. The 135 suspension is very weak not to mention the lack of LSD.

Your off topic. The thread is about tuning differences as it pertains to power, not handling. I already noted the handling differences and LSD. I consider an engine that I build the power plant. Because that is where the power comes from. I don't consider the exhaust or anything beyond the throttle body part of the actual power plant. Potato, potato I guess.