06-11-2018, 01:34 AM   #18
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
You have to remember you are comparing it to a 1M that you own and drive. Many people who I have met that bought an M2 are either jumping up from a 335i/235i coming from a Merc or Audi....or are seeing it as an E46 successor (my viewpoint on the car) with a WARRANTY and more low-end grunt. To many it is very sporty & aggressive in comparison to what they are comparing it to and will not see the same flaws that you do.
I have a 1M, which I have owned for 3 years, but I don't drive it enough, nor is it my only frame of reference, for that to be all that relevant. The warranty on the M2 is certainly a plus.

The electronics overload, the weight, the acceptable but not great EPS, are all elements that serve to distract or distance the driver from the piece of equipment he is driving. If you enjoy video games, then these things might be a plus.

If you have driven a whole slew of driver-oriented cars over the last few decades, these things are a real minus, even if the car is way more powerful than the old cars that make up your frame of reference.