View Single Post
      09-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #20
MattF407
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral Grey 128i

There are a few floating around with this, my N51 w/BPC stage 2 Tune has ~500 miles since Tune and reset of adaptations & I have an intermittent rough idle. My idle at good times fluctuates less than 150-300 rpm, with the bad around 400-700 rpm. The car never kills and still performs beautifully otherwise. With no definite evidence on what is causing the problem, I have two areas I am looking into for now to make sure it's not something stupid or simple. All in all, I regret nothing and would do it again even if told there would be an idle issue. I should also note I have days with perfect idles for my entire commute, which makes me wonder what is different drive to drive.

1) We have a SAP for emissions that N52 do not. I removed this system in the process of installing headers.

2) Damaged or bad O2 sensors, MAF sensor, or plugs/coils.

If these don't put me right, then back to the drawing board we go. It would be beneficial if there is an N51 out there that did a MILVs+3IM Tune and if that resulted in the similar idle issues as us that went down the headers route.

Hope this helps inform your decision a little more, also look into kgolfs build I believe it was an N51 on AA tune and I don't recall any mention of issues.
Appreciate 1