Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
For a long time, a few guys on here and myself have been working on figuring out how to code off the electronic nannies that these cars have. Even with DTC an DSC off, there are still tons of safety systems in place - many of which I was not aware of until I started doing research.

Now that I have coded all of them off in my car, I thought it would be useful to compile the information into one place. This would have really helped me when I was trying to figure it all out. Things I have actually disabled and tested myself on the race track:

Electronic Differential
Engine Power Reduction to Prevent Brake Disc Overheating
Brake Fading Compensation
Hydraulic Brake Assist
Maximum Brake Support
Brake Standby
Dynamic Performance Control

Some of these are interfering everyday during normal driving, such as hydraulic brake assist. I didn't even notice it until I turned it off and had an "Eureka" moment.

All of these things suck for track use and spirited driving. Some of these will not be new to you, but at least it is all written down for easy reference in one place with results of me actually testing the coding on track.

You can read the full description of the nannies and the proper setting to turn them off here:

http://www.onelapx1.com/the-story/ho...w-actually-fun

Hope it helps!
So I was finally able to read you blog entry and I just have one question: since the parameters are all listed in the module in German (and often, utilizing German abbreviations or acronyms), one cannot expect to find these things spelled out clearly using NCS Expert. Is the name in parenthesis (for example "FLR") the shorthand name for these nannies then? And does "Maximum Brake Support" really not have an abbreviation or German name?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0