05-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #23
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
I went to my dealer for an oil change and to get the wastegates looked at and all I have installed is the ER CP; he comes back and says this voids your warranty with this installed. Put me in the system that modifications were done to the car and now can't get anything replaced under warranty (engine wise). I responded, "If anything was wrong with the car and that piece didn't cause the issue it would still be voided?" He said, yep. I was going to fight with him but decided it's not really worth my time when nothing was apparently wrong with the engine. So yea, depends on your dealer.
Yeah this is pretty much what my dealer said, ALL warranty will be voided not just on charge pipe. Anyone know a dealership in NJ that has had a different conversation? I'll switch if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
Can we make a sticky for this topic on every forum please. You can install ANY aftermarket part and by LAW it will not void warranty. The case that set this president was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuso...s_Warranty_Act. Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

Here is the catch with that. It is up to the dealer / company to prove the part caused the failure. That means while the LAW is on your side it comes down to HOW MUCH FIGHTING you are willing to do. While you could ultimately win and show the part did not cause the "said failure". It is how much time and effort are you willing to put in to prove you case.
Good information, maybe I'll bring this up when the part comes in and see what they say then. Thanks.
Appreciate 0