07-07-2018, 12:35 AM   #90
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseCPM3 View Post
Closer to being the ugliest M than being the best M, but to each their own.
I love the 1M styling and appreciate it for being one of the lesser elegant models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
The "best M" car cannot be answered by anyone except yourself. One of the nice things about M cars throughout the years is that a car enthusiast can usually find one that suits them the best.

For me, it will continue to be the E39 M5. Maybe because it's the first M I owned, maybe it's because I drove two non-M E39s before that, maybe it's the Q-ship element. Realistically it's a bunch of things - the car, that period of my life, what I needed at that time.

I love the Z4M coupe for almost completely different reasons, but I think it is up there as well. It is telling (to me) the that E39 and Z4M are long-term cars for me and staying, but I'll rotate out the third M (currently an F80).

I really love the 1M. I had a lot of seat time in one for 2 years as my friend owned it (keeping it for up to a week at a time). What a fun car. When he sold it he offered it to me first, at a fair price. I didn't take it because 1) I was set on doing a European Delivery; and 2) I wanted a new DD that I wouldn't worry about (as much), and be ready to switch out more regularly than my other Ms. Overall, it was a good decision for me, but I regret it sometimes.
e39 M5 is one of the best. Several friends have them and they are stunning cars inside and out.
Appreciate 1
stefan2349.50