View Single Post
      04-11-2021, 11:29 PM   #60
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHZR2 View Post
Is there one drain or two? I thought I had read someplace that there may be two. I had the same issues getting anything up through that thin drain pipe, because it routes over the transmission.
I only know of the one, and I was never able to get anything through it to the point where I thought it was effective. I guess when I remove the transmission to replace the clutch, I'm going to town on that SOB.

Quote:
Also, when you say run the evaporator cleaner from the top or bottom, I assume from the top you mean through this hole (without the blower):
Yeah, if you go through the top, you go through the fresh air vent with the blower removed. It's a long way to get to the evaporator though. It's much shorter if you go from under the dash with the blower removed.

Quote:
But what’s the access from underneath, do you have to remove the evaporator drain tube where the rubber tube connects to the evap box, or do you mean some other way?
I tried two methods. I went under the dash and through the hole where the blower motor resides. I also sprayed the cleaner up the drain hose.

Sadly neither method did squat. I tried my AC for the first time today in 5 months and it smells as bad as it ever did.
Official BMWP Whore - BMWP suspension kit w/ M3 arms, BMWP big brake kit, BMWP intake w/Mishimoto tube, BMWP exhaust, BMWP carbon strut brace, BMWP short shifter, and BMWP carbon spoiler. OZ Leggera HLT w/ 245 square setup.

Appreciate 0