View Single Post
      05-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #28
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMSport View Post
So I had a lot of noise, the 'rock hitting windshield' stuff plus some creaks from the passenger end of the dashboard. It got to the point where I had to solve this, so I removed the end trim panel, the a-pillar trim, and then the vent assembly (much better to take it out intact by releasing the tabs through the two holes seen after removing the end cover, but also needed to pop the edge of the vent cover to get the end cover off!).

There was some creaking in the vent assembly, so I sprayed B'laster the Dry Lube (contains Teflon) on the edges of the vent cover to quiet the assembly. Try not to spray too much as it gets all over; if you hold the assembly at the proper angle, the 'run' doesn't make such a mess.

With all the pieces removed, I still had noise from the glove box cover, so I used a small strip of nylon webbing plus some double-sided tape (for golf club grips) to build up the area near the bumper and quiet the cover.

One at a time, I replaced the end cover and then the vent assembly with neither producing any noises over bumps. When I started to put the A-pillar trim back, it was already creaking as I was trying to connect the dashboard end. After some thought, I decided to try to wrap the tabs on the trim as well as the trim buttons on the pillar with Teflon tape (it sort of stays put long enough to assemble the pillar trim) but discovered that I needed to install the pillar trim before the vent assembly, so I disassembled the pieces again and started by installing the pillar trim then the end trim, and finally the vent assembly.

So far, no funny noises!
I am also having creaking from the passenger side dash. Got any pics or pointers on how to remove/adjust the pieces you mention? My first time trying to remove interior stuff on this car. But the creaking sound over bumps is driving me mad!
Appreciate 0