Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeineken View Post
Finally washed all the pollen off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
What he said ^

Did 100+ track days on motorcycles. Day 1 was wide eyed and nervous. Later looking back I was slow as molasses. ;-).

Go, drive at what you think is 80% and have fun!!
I will thank you.

Replaced the diff oil and transmission oil, just look at the condition after 50,000 kms.

Something in the back of my head kept nagging to check the front brake pads and discs. I just swapped them out and i am glad i did. Pads and disks were so rusted, actually had a fight with the driver side disc to come off and the piston inside had a ton of baked dust it was hard to move.

Spent 2 hours on the front brakes making sure everything is clean as it can be. New discs, pads, disc mounting bolt anti-seize and caliper/pad springs installed. Bled the whole system using Chris Fix 1 man method, it was a breeze.

Changed the oil and filter and reset everything.

First 8 kms the brakes were pretty much non existent, 22 kms later they are starting to break in. The diff is a lot quieter and i feel more...responsive after the fluid change. The transmission feels like a well oiled action bolt rifle, the bmw "notchiness" is still there but with so much more precision, i was speeding just shifting all the time, felt really nice to rev match and just keep shifting now.

Also installed new wheel bolts all round, original ones were really rusty and i just bite the bullet.

Checked the whole car, re-checked all the torque specs and i was admiring the underbelly of the car, i like how BMW added scoops and holes here and there to allow air to hit the transmission housing for cooling.

Also installed F20 style brake dust shields that have a more aggressive scoop to allow more air to cool the brakes. After i installed everything, i looked through the front bumper and saw the scoop protruding out, it is no fix to the brake cooling but some air is better than no air, costed me €20 for both sides.

Will go and drive later tonite, get some mileage on to re-torque the wheels and break in the front pads/discs better before my trip.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1