07-26-2020, 01:04 PM   #45
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyDC4 View Post
Do you have a lot of body lean up front with the sway bar delete? Asking because the fast 350Z/370z drivers either run a big bar up front and/or run without a rear sway bar.
The lean is actually pretty substantial. It can feel a little clumsy on tight tracks, but the gain in grip is undeniable. Just turning the damping up a click or two solves the wallowing feeling though. I'll have to find a picture of it in a turn from the outside...

This won't directly translate to a 350/370Z, as they have a very different front suspension setup (Double Wishbone vs. our MacPherson Strut). Their geometry may have a less favorable camber change characteristic than our struts, which would necessitate that they run a big front sway bar to keep the suspension in it's optimal location in the turns. But, I don't know that much about those cars to say for sure. Unlikely, because that tends to be the big advantage of a double wishbone, and it would be dumb of Nissan to handicap the chassis like that.
tsk941522.00