View Single Post
      07-20-2018, 02:42 AM   #6
JBT2
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

I picked up the car yesterday and took it for a 140km drive on twisty roads over hill and dale today.

Springs are 200mm 6kg front and 200mm 11kg rear. Shocks were set at roughly mid by MCA and, after today's drive, I have no desire to make any adjustments.

Very impressed with the ride - far better than OE. Soaks up the bumps and no more suspension "crashing".

Turn in is remarkable! The car stays well planted and holds a flat attitude through the bends. I anticipated the first couple of tight turns to allow for the way it used to handle (dip and plough) and had to immediately back off the steering input or run the risk of cutting the apex.

I pushed it fairly hard and found the understeer tendency has gone. The rear end is well tied down and, even under power through rough surfaced corners, it keeps gripping and is not skittish.

I didn't get a TC warning on the run.

The ride height (may need a tweak yet) is pretty much back at OE - my car had sagged by about 10mm at the front. I have to get it on a smooth, level surface to check but MCA will adjust if required.

I took some measurements at each end of the sill and there is a 7mm difference - to be confirmed when I can get the car on a smooth garage surface. It equates to about 0.2 degrees rake (nose down attitude).

A couple of phone photos from today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00