UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imo135 View Post
Hi

If the 1M and the 135i N54 are identical engines and exhaust (most of it) except for the folll known differences-

1. Rear axle different on the 1M
2. Radiator fan different on the 1m 850w versus 650W

Fuel pump, turbo's,internals, oil cooler, FMIC etc all the same,

why is there so much of a difference in claimed power increases between the 1M and the 135i N54 on a tuned flash?
For example, if you look at what AC Schnitzer claims in respect of the power they produce with a 1M versus a 135I N54 it is substantial, and this applies to other tuners such as ESS as well.

ANyone know why this is or is this just marketing? I would have thought the end result would be the same if these two cars in stock form and are tuned with a stage 1 flash alone?... This shouldnot be much different with an full exhaust set up as well..

ANy thoughts...
There is a difference, the turbo's are slightly larger and the internals are built stronger.

Here's a bit on it from another post(take out the spaces): http://www.[Admin Notified].com...563#post197563

If the link isn't working, click quote and get the link info there or you could read this:

Further driving experiences with this car, all I can say is that I really want a 1M...

Also I googled this but didnt find any results, but Jeremy stated that BMW is using the Alpina motor in this car...lower compression, forged internals etc. He said his source in Germany confirmed it and just by looking at the standard tables in the DME, BMW left a LOT of room to move up . Fueling is still the limitation we think, only futher testing will see how far this goes.

Also Alex from Gintani was there, I didnt even realize it was him until my friend informed me later on. Both of them are standup guys, I dont think there is enough good I can say.
Last edited by Matt@Camber-Toe; 09-27-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Last edited by UsualSuspect; 10-24-2011 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: link edit
Appreciate 0