View Single Post
      07-24-2007, 05:17 PM   #117
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Robert, you are one of the few guys on here whos opinion I respect. I dont think anyone on this post is saying they would buy it just for the badge. In all honestly, you are in the minority of people that would prefer a 135i over an E92 M3. Mainly because BMW does not mess up with the 3 series and from the CarandDriver review I dont think they did with the E92.

Btw, I could believe that the avg. millionaire owns/owned an F-150. My Dad is one and he's owned 3. But there is no way he would pick an 135i over an E92 M3. In fact he dosent even like the fact that a 1 series is coming.(he's an e46 owner)
Thanks. Maybe Maximus is right and I just don't have the 70k to spend on the M3 and trade it in for something else if it isn't the champion anymore, which I have high hope it will be again. 135i is definitely for someone in their 20s and early 30s, and I wouldn't buy itself myself if I am older than this age group.

I never claimed an *35i is better than M. My stance all along has been I won't take a ///M car regardless how it performs. If the M3 gets better reviews from owners in UK after delivery I might hop back on that list.