View Single Post
      07-30-2020, 06:35 AM   #1
StarThreat
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: N54 E82

Hello fellow 1 series owners.

I have an E82 and I am looking for some advice on if anyone ran spacers on OEM 18" wheels - factory sport suspension.

It has 78k miles on it, may be a bit older and sag just a little bit but I'm not entirely sure. No leaking from suspension components.

I was thinking of running:

Front: 12mm hubcentric - 225/40/18 - firehawk indy 500 - 7.5 inch wheel - offset: +49

Rear: 10mm hubcentric - 255/35/18 - firehawk indy 500 - 8.5 inch wheel - offset: +52

Tires are brand new haven't been mounted yet.

I did a couple searches on various forums, including this one, and some say rears will rub on dips and some say there's no rubbing at all. Some members have had their cars lowered also so I don't know if their results will be accurate in terms of my car.

I plan on getting an alignment when I get the tires installed, will alignment shops be able to adjust suspension settings to stop rubbing? Will they be able to see if it rubs before the car is taken off the alignment machine? Ideally I wouldn't want too much adjustment, I would like for the best even tire wear and still maintain proper handling.

Anyone know if I have anything to worry with this setup or should I just garbage the spacers and run it as is?

Thanks ahead of time!
Appreciate 0