03-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
So I'm going to do a little testing on this 18 vs 19 thing.

I just mounted a set of Pilot Super Sports in stock sizes on the 19" rims. Already I can feel an improvement vs the PS2s- less abrupt breakaway, better ride, more grip. Considering I'm still wearing the mold release off I'm again impressed with this tire.

I also have a set of 18s in the car, stock M3 sizes, with new Hankook R-S3s in stock M3 sizes. This should be an even stickier, softer sidewall configuration. I know it's not apples to apples with the different tire types, but I'm curious to see how they compare.

I was going to run them both back to back at the autocross tomorrow, but they are predicting 1" of rain and a high in the mid 50s, meaning I doubt the R-S3s would stand a chance vs the PSS.
Your experience is in the same line with mine with the PSS, just impressive tire but I also think that the real definitive solution could be 18 with PSS. 19s are still making it hard for the tire and for the rest of the car especially for people who live in places that road conditions are very far from perfect.

What size you think would be ideal for the 18s? I am feeling that the rears could use as large as possible to put the power down better.
Appreciate 0