04-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #3
topvega
Kinda sorta banned on N54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 SGM JB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCrue View Post
So heres the story. I went into a dealership, i loved the 128i but they only had one in red, and i only wanted black or white with black interior, auto, and power heated seats. The salesman told me they had a black one coming in just like that, gonna be 4-6 weeks. So i put 1000.00 deposit on my credit card and signed away. Now i changed my mind, and told the dealer that I ran into a personal problem that swamped me financially, which is unfortunately what happened. So he said he doesnt know what to say, and hed refund my deposit. He told me to fax the credit card transaction receipt to him, but he has MY signed copy of that reciept why would he need a copy of the duplicate he gave me. AND i faxed it over and he said no no no, wrong fax number, (this was his fax number on his business card) , then he said "you need to fax it to this difff fax number". So i faxed it over and clearly made a note for him to call me when the card was refunded. No word back from him. Im going to call tomorow, but the question is, am i getting the run around? They were supposedly getting this car in anyway, and it was gonna be weeks before it was delivered also. I better not be gettin screwed. A friend of mine who is a car dealer said BY LAW, they cannot hold your deposit UNLESS you take delivery of the car, so who knows. Any input??
I don't know the laws on this in other states but I am also in NJ and in NJ they have to return your deposit unless you take delivery of the car. When I ordered my 135 in early March the sales guy told me the deposit was non refundable but then told me he is told to say that but under the law it is refundable and I cld get it back no problem. Go get your deposit back asap

Appreciate 0