Thread: Coding Success!
View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #101
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Thanks Christopher. I got the black circles in INPA now. I installed the driver, switched an existing port off Com 1 so I could put this one on Com 1 and switched a bunch of settings as recommended in page 4 of the 6 page INPA errors posting on the other website. The driver by itself didn't work. Getting the COM to 1 might have but I did the other stuff before testing.

But now when I try the next step in the DIY of pushing F9 INPA does nothing. F1 gives me half a page of information but lots of ????????? at the bottom. F2 gives me an error talking about not finding "script.eng" in subdirectory "cfgdat" to INPA\BIN. I don't have that subdirectory and I can't find that file either.

I'm using the software you posted a link to at post 81 of this thread (thanks). My computer doesn't want to go to the "Rapidshare" website. When I forced it to anyway I got a sales pitch and nothing to download unless I accepted the software. But your software link worked fine for me. But the software doesn't seem to.

Did you do anything else? Other ideas? I may skip the INPA steps and try NCSEXPERT tonight but I'd like INPA to work too.

Jim