11-27-2019, 03:49 PM   #65
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post

The Z3M S52 is the first BMW I ever drove. My uncle bought it new and still has it.
I bought mine from the original owner. It was purchased by her husband as a "Christmas present" and it had amassed 57,400 miles over 15 years of ownership, in Oregon. The seller had stopped driving it due to arthritis and weight gain which made getting in and out of it difficult. I've only run the odometer up to 60,700 (which includes several hundred miles from Oregon to Idaho after purchase) in 4 years. My major problem in driving it is that my car storage more or less dictated that this small vehicle was 3rd deep in a deep garage bay, so getting it out to drive was always a chore. This problem will be resolved next year with a new parking arrangement in a new house (to me).

When the car got listed on Craig's List, I contacted the owner within 5 minutes and he held it long enough for me to fly in 2 days later. He told me that many other people, some of them local, had contacted him almost immediately after I did.

Of course, these are not terribly practical cars, but they are fun to drive.