CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
When I installed mine, the fronts were preloaded to spec just by tightening the top mount down to proper torque, as measured from the upper to lower perch. The preload adjuster ring is all the way down and if anything I was 1mm shorter, but that is the only way the front will go together. Ride height is completely independent on the front, and is adjusted by the position of the spindle perch.

On the rear, I got my ride height adjusted to where I want it using the threaded adjustable upper spring perch (which the Ohlins instructions refer to as the "preload adjuster". I then adjusted the shock body until there was no slack in the spring when the car is on the lift. At the recommended shock length, the spring was actually loose at my selected ride height which is only about 4mm lower than stock.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
ayao643.00