View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #51
gofast09
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 323i, 135i

After reading the thread for some insight, I started on this project for my 09 135i. The lens was chipped on one side and after viewing this thread figured it would be a 15 minute job. Just got finished, an hour and a half, removal and installation of an aftermarket 3rd light. First thing, one of the pins of the light was evidently corroded, as it broke off inside the pin. No way to get it out so will look for a new/salvage connector. After removing the 8mm nuts and springs, the light was tightly wedged into the trunk, resulted in me having to cut it out in 3 sections! The new part was REAL tight to install. I did grind down the metal tab on the hood and slightly ground the entire light opening. I used a piece of paper as a guage (between light and trunk) so that I would not take off too much material. Ended up using the dremel tool to take off a 2 inch swath of white plastic up close to the red lens. It resulted in a tight fit and no water is going to get in. I guess Murphys Law is alive and well.
Appreciate 0