View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 07:02 PM   #95
drunkenup
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i, 2021 F150

Left NJMP for the first time and made the trek up to Watkins Glen this past weekend... and what a weekend it was. Most trying track weekend yet.

Long story short, between having to get my wheels balanced and a lot of rain, we had to keep pushing off my check out ride, and then some noise about no last day promotions.. not really happy considering it won't be until next year that I am out there (and probably for only once a year).

Last session of the day they combined run groups and I got to play with some friends. It was going great except the half tank I got on track with went quicker than expected. Got around to turn six, upshifted into fourth and the car made this unholy pop, threw half-engine light, and then died after clutching in. Tried to start it right after and it ran really rough so I figured it threw in the towel. I sat there for a few minutes and cars continued to fly past. No flags were thrown, despite stopping next to a flagger station (that was unmanned... smh). I started it up a while after and drove back off track just fine.. Only code read was injector shut off.

My friend driving behind me said the car threw a massive flame. It drove home 5 hours just fine so I'll keep sending it. Good to know our cars have no fuel starve issues until its pegged at 0. Lol

So here's my quickest lap at 2:18.61. It's looking like I'd have been 2 seconds quicker hadn't that 911 slowed me down. Same setup as last time, Z2SS, Yellowstuff pads.

I'll be running her once again at NJMP lightning in October, but it's due for some major upgrades. Dual OC, LSD, bushings... oh, and my dust boots are toast <- that only took 6 days folks.