08-26-2018, 07:25 PM   #13
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Thx, Chad. I have come the same conclusion..gonna order and replace the CSB. AS you said...can't hurt. I saw your post on another forum and you didn't have to disconnect the rear shaft so I can avoid getting the 50mm tool until I get an LSD.

The problem on all this will be if the sound remains AFTER I replace the CSB (where to go next?).

Neutral is a bit more a pain with DCT...but I know how...

It was a guibo recall...I honestly don't know what the original one was. They just told me it was needed when I had it in for other service (airbag recall). Car has a 4/11 build date.

The transmission mounts look pretty good...I think I will forgo the mounts upgrade at this time (although the Turner engine mounts looked pretty cool!). Planning on LSD this winter so that will be a good time to go poly everything to match my RSFB's!

The Bentley manual says to replace the bolts when you replace the guibo, but since I am just uninstalling and reinstalling to facilitate replacing the CSB, should i do that? The torque is only 55N-m on those.
I was also hesitant that you could install a new CSB with the driveshaft attached, and while it would be a lot easier with the driveshaft fully removed, it was doable. The 50mm wrench was also something I wasn't interested in buying yet unless it was absolutely necessary, or like you, until I get an LSD.

I've installed/removed the guibo 3 times now, and am still using the original bolts and nuts. No issues that I've noted with reusing, but yes, technically they should be replaced.
Appreciate 1
AndyW672.00