View Single Post
      12-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
mrgoochio
135i Coupe Owner!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i Coupe

Need help with amp + sub install

I have my whole setup from my previous car which has been sitting in my garage forever.. I was planning on selling it to install a custom box + jl 500/1 and w6/7 combo like a bunch of other people on this forum but never got around to it..

Since my mid ranges won't fit in the door, I guess I'll be leaving my tweets/mid ranges and amp out but I want to throw my subs + sub amp in the car. I have my old RCAs, speaker and power/ground wires, distro blocks, fuse, headunit (leaving out, want to remain with stock HU), and might still have my remote wire.. I have an '08 135i with standard audio (i believe its HiFi, tweets in door near sideview, midranges, subs under seats, and 2 midranges in the back, no tweets in back).

What is the recommended way to get this sub + amp installed in my car? I heard technic has a harness for HiFi e82s? What does this entail? Is the easiest method just getting a LOC?

If its just adding a LOC, can someone confirm where you tap the wires from? I'm having a hard time getting some solid info on where I tap from and diagrams etc. I'm not that knowledgeable in this area so a detailed DIY would really help.

Is there anything I'm missing or failed to mention? If theres any other info you guys need me to post just ask and I'll post up asap
  • P1 Lemon Boston Leather
  • High Gloss Black Trim
  • Comfort Access System
Appreciate 0