View Single Post
      12-01-2017, 12:59 AM   #55
frontside0815
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E82 135i FBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Seat time in the car and experience on Buttonwillow, I'd say. That was my first time driving the car and first time at that track. The car 1000% has it in it as it sits. I'm confident with a few more changes, I'll beat the street tire record (1:58.xx by Berk), without aero and on 255's.

The car DEFINITELY needs a bigger rear bar and I'd say stiffer front springs at the very least. So before the next outing, I'll be doing 8k front, E92 M3 rear bar and maybe 14k rear springs. Also going to see if BimmerWorld can get me an adustable front lower control arm so I can dail in more neg camber without cutting the shock tower or running an offset control arm bushing.
Okay, sounds good.
My car has a lot of the mods you have too, altough i am not quite as finished as you are- i maybe will also start a small thread.

On the Video the track seemed really flat, is that right? So you don´t Need the coilovers for heavy "bump correction"? Because now i am running the Standard ST XTA (same as KW CS concerning Spring Rates), i think about trying harder ones in the rear. But since my tracks are not flat like the track in the video (Nürburgring and Bilster Berg) i think too hard wont work that good.

So the 255 fit fine, without rubbing? How much camber do you run again? Next season i will try 235/40 AD08R on a BBS RC303, cause i tend to run above the Level where the Pilot super sports (245/35) still feel good. Didn´t wanted to try a 245, cause i was frightened it wont fit without much work.

One more question: Did your car have active steering? I read about M3 Steering Rack Conversion all the time, but since my car has this active steering i am not sure if a) the conversion is worth it and b) if it will work.
Appreciate 0