06-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #22
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
It's hard to say if my fix ended being what the mechanic did recently or in combination with the previously recommended fixes. My progression in seeking a cure for my issues started with the PPK2, then went to the SIB 12-15-14, then Dinan S2, and finally what the mechanic did described in this thread.

I'd be interested to know if anyone hasn't done any of the possible remedies above and had their car undergo the procedure I've listed in this thread, if this does fix their problem. Which would then mean this is most likely the main fix to the problem.
It kind of sounds like the last thing you did, which is what you list above that your mechanic did is what has fixed your car and finally cured you of the issues that have been plaguing you. I say that because with each thing you've done, the results were less than perfect or all seemed good for a while but then the problems slowly came back to haunt you again.

Several people have tried the other measures you've taken with little or no results. Yes, some have had good results but it seems so random as to what works and what doesn't; hit and miss. I do think getting the Dinan tune helped most, based on what you've said, but it didn't completely work. I guess I'm just hoping that you finally solved the puzzle and that this time it stays solved.