BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
No boost again twice this week:
Drove 600 miles at highway speeds over 2 days last weekend. Ran like a charm. Got home about 5pm. Garaged.

8pm, needed to take a trip to the hospital. Door locks acting up, stumble at startup, no boost. 15 minute drive.
Post hospital, door locks still weird (driver won't unlock, mostly), but boost was back.
Door lock has gotten progressively better throughout the week, but Tuesday afternoon I had to open passenger door and hit the dash button to unlock driver.

This morning, stumble at startup. Cold idle didn't last long, and as it came down it overshot the target and nearly stalled. No boost.

Throughout, it hasn't thrown a code, flashed a light, or advised me to be concerned.

Not overly concerned about door lock at this point - just noticed that the issue somewhat coincides.

My BMW-Only indy who's worked on Bimmers for 20 years and has a 435i has no idea what's going on, but said I might want to replace my "boost valve" and if that doesn't work take it to the dealer for vacuum check!

Does that sound like my best course of action? I left a VM for a dealer service advisor.
I know this might sound a bit off, but put a voltage tester on your car and see what voltage is doing. I've seen failing voltage regulators cause all kinds of strange issues. Might just need a new alternator.
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10588.50