View Single Post
      12-04-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
NA64LIFE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 128i Msport

Finally my 128 feels quick!

I love my 128i and it's the longest I've ever held as my 2nd car, but I've had this ongoing issue with how boring the car accelerates. In order to remedy this, I added mods in steps and finally feels great! Mods were added as follow: 3IM, Stage FP tune, 3.73 diff, Milvs. Car also has AFE magnum stage 2 intake and 135i N55 catback w/resonator delete.

Below I'll explain how each mod felt and what was lacking IMO.

3IM+Tune: This helped wake up the low to mid range and should've came from the factory this way. It was nice for a bit, but after a month I got used to it and felt kinda boring again.

3.73 diff: Because of the nature of the lower gearing, the car revved more freely, which also resulted in naturally shifting at a higher rpm. It made the car feel livelier, but didn't really feel faster if that make sense.

Milvs+Tune: WOW, it all came together. The milvs added power everywhere in the rev range and really made the lower gearing worth it. Now the car really feels like its going somewhere with the quicker revs.

Finally the car feels fun in all situations from just putting around town to spirited drives.

Tl;dr: 3IM+MILVS+Tune+3.73 diff are the tits.

Last edited by NA64LIFE; 12-10-2020 at 04:46 AM..
Appreciate 0