Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
Good to know. I don't think I'll ever alter my MILVs, but I do plan the 3-stage intake and I've already done intake and exhaust. The one final thing I might try are AFE Twisted Steel headers.

I'm surprised to hear your opinion about the 3-stage intake. Looking at some dyno charts, I thought most of the power came up high in the rev range which is where I think it falls flat.

Sadly my transmission doesn't shift smoothly enough for me to consider going with a 3.73 ratio. I couldn't shift fast enough to see much benefit without roasting the transmission.

I'm most excited about replacing my dual-mass clutch and installing a new giubo. I can't stand the rubber band effect I feel in the drivetrain from time to time. To me, that will really liven up the driving experience.
The 3 stage IM has exactly that, 3 stages where you distinctly feel the DISA setup doing it's thing. There's a distinct gain in torque 2k - 3k rpm, then another bump from 3.2krpm to 4.3krpm, and then 4.5krpm onwards it definitely pulls harder than stock and doesn't "run out of breath" as easily. You notice the low end more easily as you're driving in those rpms much more often, and at part throttle. The upper end is definitely there, but with the noise, rpms etc it can be harder to tell but it's definitely an improvement. Like most mods your brain adapts after a while .... you just need to drive a shitty car once in a while to reinvigorate your appreciation
wait till you remove primary/secondary cats if that's your thing.... very much worth it
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0