View Single Post
      11-08-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
lowside67
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytro98 View Post
I got the 17x8.5 et 40 hyper silver Arc 8's and a set of 235/45r17 Nexen Sur4g tires
The fronts were also still rubbing, but very slightly where the bumper attaches to the fender even after having the fenders rolled and slightly pulled. I was able to live with this since it only rubbed on massive bumps. The aggressive alignment 0 toe all around with 2.5/2.8 degrees of camber combined with the sticky rubber made the car feel like a whole new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytro98 View Post
m3 front arms were one of the first mods to this car since I just moved it over from my last car. But my strategy for modifying was definitely a focus on handling and reliability before touching anything power/drivetrain.
With the M front control arms, you should be able to get a lot more than -2.5 degrees front camber. On my 128, I was at -2.8 with just camber plates and then was able to get another half degree with M control arms (offset bushings in my case on stock arms, but same effect).

More front camber will help with front tire fitment, but more importantly, our car got meaningfully and measurably faster as we were able to get beyond 3 degrees and if I still had the car, I'd be exploring ways to get more yet.

-Mark