07-02-2015, 04:12 PM   #67
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier View Post
Thanks for the schedule, we're going to have a blast. What time is the rendezvous at Vipiteno on Friday? It shows 6 hours (600 km) from Prague to the meeting point. My friend and I are driving out on Friday, Maybe we can move quick enough and make the first leg. Thanks.

We will meet in Vipiteno here at this gas station. I think we all should fill up there too... bc after this point there aren't too many gas stations up in the mountains. Artemis told me he used this gas station just last month... its no longer a SHELL, but it still has the yellow and red color scheme, and they still are selling Shell gas - just under a private name. Weird. Welcome to Italia.

13:00 on Friday here...

Shell Tankstelle PGL (Gas)
Jaufenstraße, 110
Sterzing, Bozen
Italy

Just next door to the gas station is:

Hotel Restaurant Zum Engel
Via Deutschhaus, 20
39049 Vipiteno BZ
Italy

We plan to have lunch here. Last year we sat outside and it was quite nice. We ended up staying a few hours... so arriving around 13:00ish is fine. We should depart by 15:00 for the Bella Vista Hotel. Send me a PM and I will give you my handy number - just in case.

From Vipiteno to our Hotel BellaVista - is about a 1:30 to 2:00 drive. Last year we timed it just right... driving the long way around the Sella mountain range... just in time for sunset. It was magical.

Here is the route from the gas station to our hotel...
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Vipi...79!2d46.481521

Dackel
Appreciate 0