View Single Post
      06-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #2
NorthernDancer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 Sedona 128 & 06 330xiT 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Anyone have any experience with QuickJacks? Looks like a really neat product. I like the idea of being able to very quickly raise the vehicle from four points all at once. Supposedly it's over-engineered and very safe, but I can't get over thinking it looks kind of flimsy in pictures. I like that it gets higher than my jack stands, but not so high that I'd need to reach very far for anything. I've got a couple of bigger jobs coming up for which I feel these would be extremely helpful, but to be honest I get a little paranoid about working directly underneath the car for very long without being really confident that I'm not going to get crushed, lol. I usually place additional jack stands or whatever for redundancy, but I think the extra few inches afforded by the QuickJack might make me feel a little less claustrophobic.
Bought QuickJack last fall; haven't got it installed yet. My garage too small to use it there. My driveway slanted so will have to build 2 "platforms" to level driveway, drive car onto them, then use the Quickjacks. Very much yes to building in redundancy, jack stands, the wheels themselves, "supports" out of 2x6s.
Appreciate 0