05-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #8
blackmist222777
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
So I too don't like the choppy intro shots, almost makes me dizzy. Beyond that, I left with an overall "negative" review, almost as if you were looking for things to criticize about the car. I almost expected you to say you were going to sell it and buy a Miata. In fact, the 1M has been reviewed by hundreds of other reviewers, professional and amateur, and the reviews are virtually all super. The car is a one-off legend, instant classic with almost perfect handling. Remember the car is not a track car, BMW made it for retail sale and most of us drive it as such.
I find it odd also that you focus on the exhaust initially. As a DD, or even less frequently driver, a loud obnoxious exhaust just doesn't fly. Even for the 10 or 20 HP it may add, the noise is just too much. Consider also that it was not 20 somethings buying the cars, more like 40 somethings or older.
Same goes for your points on the shifter, again I and most others find it wonderfully smooth.
Perhaps you should re-shoot this entire video, and instead talk about why you've kept it so long.
I have owned four, and currently have two in the garage, so my observations are backed up by personal use.
Finally, smile. People like to watch videos where the host is happy.

Thanks for watching and giving me your feedback! I appreciate it very much. BTW, i too had more than one 1M at the same time. I for sure regret selling the other one and actually was trying to hunt it down to buy it back. Go figure!~

2023 G80 M3
2020 F87 M2C
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0