View Single Post
      07-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #16
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
Excellent, looks great, but don't the front wheels catch the arch liners? 10.5J et 22 is very aggressive and a 265 on 10.5 is very stretched no?
The manufacturer's recommended rim width range for a 265/35/18 tire is 9" to 10.5". When installing the tire on the widest possible wheel you gain tread width, sidewall support and ultimately squeeze more performance out of the tire. I generally avoid exceeding the manufacturer's recommended rim width as too much of a stretch will detract from performance. In this instance he is getting everything he can out of the 265 by installing them on a 10.5" wheel.

It's hard to capture in pictures but the photo below is the OP's car (I installed his KMP steering wheel over the weekend). In person I thought the 265's looked fantastic on a 10.5" wheel. I was honestly surprised at the results. I'm a huge fan of the 1M with this wheel/tire setup.

RIA on 1M by slicerM, on Flickr
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0