United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhicks223 View Post
While driving through some curvy hills, the car suddenly up shifted after an audible "pop". As I tried to make it up the small hill to get to a wide spot to pull over the car stopped having any throttle response and began surging. Then the i drive just started lighting up with "DSC Malfunction, DBC Malfunction, Start-Off Assistance Inactive" as well as a bunch of fault codes I pulled with my little generic android reader for the throttle body and misfires. My main concern is, are the DSC, DBC, and Start-Off Assistance Connected or is that a whole other bag of problems that will need addressed once the charge pipe comes in the mail and installed.
I have had all that crap happen before and they usually go away after a few start/stop cycles, as long as the original problem is solved. My guess is the ECU became overwhelmed when the CP blew and lots of codes were briefly triggered. If you have a good code reader, it will distinguish between p for present and h for history. If the codes have all changed to h codes, the problem is gone.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0