gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Makis View Post
Thanks for the reply gjm

Let me ask you though,

I found the link on bimmergeeks, and I downloaded this app called mega and to open the "standard tools" file, but I'm just wondering, can I even use it from my iPhone?

Do I need a laptop to use the standard tools software?

I assume the cable that's used is probably to a USB for a computer, and if so are apple/Mac compatible or do I need to get a computer with windows to use the program?

Pleased to hear,

Makis

Std Tools is for laptop and I think PC only. It might work on a Mac but I'm really not sure.

The cable is OBD to USB and the Bimmergeeks cables are a bit more money than others but their failure rate is about nil.

You need to download the Std Tools package and then the E89 (yes 89) daten file from Mega also. That is a big file and is a slow download.

There is a learning curve for std tools but to use it for just battery registration isn't too hard. Lots of tutorials on how to do it. If you're trying to code a different Ah or type (AGM v flooded cell) that is a bit more involved.

Are you sure you can't register with bimmercode? I suggest you move this thread to the General discussion 1er as it may be missing some views and comments in here.