View Single Post
      10-21-2015, 06:01 PM   #42
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Got a speeding camera ticket in Switzerland...do I have to pay?

Yes, you will have to pay it!

You guys do not wanna mess with the Swiss! They take speeding very seriously. In fact IF they catch you going more than 40 kph OVER any of their speed limits, say like doing 122 outside the city on a country road.... then can and will TAKE YOUR CAR. As in... it is now theirs.

They have ridiculous rules. They have so many tunnels with lowered speed limits(just before you enter the tunnel) and then back up to 100 or 120 kph afterwards. And they also have a law, that says the speeding fine can be a percentage of your income! Its crazy. After all a lousy 500ml Coke will set you back 6 euros in Switzerland. So speeding is not cheap. I have heard stories of people doing 123 in a 120 and the fine was 140 euros!

IF you get a ticket from the Swiss... PAY IT! Its no joke.

I know like in Germany, they have to flash you from the front... and they have to send you the ticket within three months. But some countries like Italy or Switzerland(?) can take up to ONE YEAR to send you the ticket. Also... they do not have to "flash" you from the front of the car... they do it as you pass a large box on the highway or from behind a road sign. Unless you know there is a camera... your a dead duck.

Any US Bank knows how to wire a euro bill payment. Problem is it isn't cheap in the USA. Most banks will charge you a $60 transfer fee.

In Europe we don't pay by paper checks... everything is online and done via electronic bank wires(transfers). The US has some catching up to do.

Good Luck,
Dackel

Swiss speed limits...
Name:  swiss  new   vmax.png
Views: 10473
Size:  17.6 KB
Appreciate 2