View Single Post
      05-05-2016, 10:59 AM   #34
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
They chose quantity over quality. Their bread and butter is the 3 series and let's face it they really blew it. That car went from being the longstanding segment leader by far to a mediocre member of the pack. Look no further. Then they took that mediocre formula and stuffed it into every body style they could dream up. You call it product diversification I call it a failed strategy.
You may call it a failed strategy but that product diversification has proved successful in other key strategic markets. So much so that our competitors are joining us in product diversification.

As I have mentioned before the recently departed members were on other additional projects incase of the i8 developers that were working on the Z5 project with Toyota.

You have written BMWi off too early because it is not just about cars but how we use and develop and produce our cars. Its a philosophy, a philosophy in its infancy. I do not see the rush to fill the portfolio of BMWi because the first generation of cars have to have that establishing period and their success justifies their existence.
Now we move to phase II of BMWi and the next line of progress for the existing models. Then it is time to think about the next step in regards to additional models.
And be assured that the process will involve taking a look at market conventions especially when German manufacturers are selling more SUVs than any other segment which is happening to everybody in the US.
Attached Images