View Single Post
      02-04-2018, 11:42 PM   #25
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Late 30's racing made (and should still inspire) the core of BMW's DNA. Inline-6 engine, beautiful lightweight bodies that look like nothing else but a BMW, and total racing domination (for its class). Now, transpose this to today's context and... Not long ago in the 70's with the 3.0 CSL and 80's with the E30 M3 (ok it was not an inline-6), BMW still had it. Today I'm afraid for the brand...
Sorry for the late reply. Your words are so beautiful, thank you. If only you lived closer to me, I would buy you a beer or two just to talk to you more about BMW engines, as well as their history of racing. It's funny, because, I have become somewhat infatuated with finding an M3 that I can turn into my dedicated track car. I have, for obvious reasons, fallen in love with the E46, but I am torn (hilariously) between E36, E46, and E92 M3s...

I am good friends with a lot of people who work for BMW Manufacturing here in the US. They are engineers and leaders of new development, and they are helping to create, test, and perfect the BMWs of the next generation. As impressive as they are, and some of them really are --- I am constantly drawn to older BMWs. But I have to say... the longer that I am here... I feel like a certain pinnacle was reached with the E9x and the S65.
Appreciate 0