02-16-2018, 11:12 PM   #31
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Hi.

Sorry for the late reply: it's been a busy week!

I believe you forgot to attach pics of the E46 ;-). From the cost stand point, the E36 is the cheapest 3-series nowadays so, maybe the less you invest in the donor car, the more you can spend on the racing bits...

About the M8, what a car it would have been. The engine is the precursor to the McLaren F1. The car was a masterpiece in my eyes and so advanced (not only with a carbon roof and bonnet but also with Carbon wheels!!).

About Tesla, it's not only cars they are making but Musk has engineers working on space rockets with boosters that can land by themselves after being used. I wonder if any car company have access to this kind of technology!
Hey!

It's been a busy week here too, but a good week. Hopefully a good week for you as well. I'm happy it's the weekend!

Here are some pics of the E46 I fell in love with. I really like that it has no sunroof, has cloth seats, and was low optioned. My E90 is optioned to the max, and it is very nice and luxurious sure - but I want something different for my dedicated track car. This one kind of checked all the boxes:

Name:  Imola E46.JPG
Views: 3201
Size:  193.0 KB

Name:  Imola E46 2.JPG
Views: 3219
Size:  247.8 KB

Name:  Imola E46 3.JPG
Views: 3173
Size:  126.8 KB

Here is a link to the FS page:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=594331

However, I do think I am leaning back towards E36s at this time. It really does seem to make sense.

Back to the M8... that engine...
Really, the entire car is pretty breathtaking. Thank you for sharing those awesome pics. My heart skips a beat when I see such beauty.

As interesting as I find Tesla, I find the work that Elon Musk is doing with SpaceX infinitely more fascinating. I watched a lot of the videos from when they were first testing the landing capabilities of their rockets, and that first time they nailed the landing I felt like I was watching something historical take place. I think they are landing their rockets with some sort of regularity almost at this point. Really, really cool stuff.
Appreciate 0