View Single Post
      01-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #18
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post
As a resident of Arizona, where the average highway speed is 85 and rocks are thrown all over the place, windshields are replaced often. No glass replacement place is "always OEM." Maybe if you're paying out of your own pocket it is. Or if you pay the difference. The 1M is an exception because the car was made in such few numbers no aftermarket company has glass for it so they have to use OEM. On my Lexus it's always "OEM Equivalent." Hell, the 1M is the only car I've ever had that has had OEM glass covered by insurance at 100% (which is an AZ law - insurance companies must cover 100% of the repair).
Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post
As a resident of Arizona, where the average highway speed is 85 and rocks are thrown all over the place, windshields are replaced often. No glass replacement place is "always OEM." Maybe if you're paying out of your own pocket it is. Or if you pay the difference. The 1M is an exception because the car was made in such few numbers no aftermarket company has glass for it so they have to use OEM. On my Lexus it's always "OEM Equivalent." Hell, the 1M is the only car I've ever had that has had OEM glass covered by insurance at 100% (which is an AZ law - insurance companies must cover 100% of the repair).
Is the 1m glass really any different than a 135? I'd expect they are the same and I would just request a 135 windshield to avoid the M tax.
Appreciate 0