Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
hi guys,
just wanted to share with you my new project, perfectly done,
car was e82 120 d , i completely stripped the car, fitted it
with M3 v8 engine, suspension, with all modifications required,
car had custom made exhaust to fit the chassis,
all 1m body panels were fitted with the rear arches custom widened
to go with the m rear suspension and the 1m rear bumper, car has been fitted
also with generation 2 idrive and 1m 19" wheels.

car mounts and ecu's are standard e92 M3 ones, had to deal with the front panel to accomodate the radiator set, since the e82 front is much shorter than the e92 M3. prop shaft and exhaust were modified. exhaust has been custom modified in the work shop. car complete electrical wiring was modified to make every thing work with the v8 engine and the e82 parts such as head lights, mirrors, i1 series i drive, window mechanisms, etc,.

complete mods cost around $45,000. in Egypt we pay 300% custom charges on imported vehicles above 2000 cc. which makes a 1m cost a fortune to buy here. (more than $150,000 custom charges+ original car price) so we had the idea of having a standard e82 and fitting it with a bigger engine. the v8 dream came to mind since the whole car is gonna be stripped. i thoght the v8 has more roar sound than the turbo six 1m engine, more hp , and ofcourse more challenge. the idea was thouroughly studied and thank god it went perfect.

compared to my previous car (an e92 M3), the v8 1m is very very nice to drive, huge torque, more horse power on top speeds, no lag in power delivery on high gears in low rpms since the car is lighter than the m3. THE CAR IS F---ING STABLE, and plays very NICE in low and high speeds, thanks to the shorter wheel base of the e82. (tail is really short , car behaves like you want it to)

The only draw back i observed is that it has a stiffer ride specially in the rear, also most probably because it has shorter wheel base than the e92.

all in all, i really love the car, i haven't really tried the standard turbo six 1m, but i think the v8 is great fun, naturally aspirated and makes me feal i'm driving one hell of a beast. the car looks really beautiful from the outside, and my next step will be fitting it with some custom forged 20" wheels to give it the individual look it deserves,

took 3-4 weeks to complete all mechanical and electrical mods,
and another 4 weeks for the exterior, since the rear arches were custom widened ,

more photos and videos are coming up next week,

UPDATE:

thanks alot my friend, a famous oil and additives german company LIQUI MOLY EGYPT just bought the car several days ago for their marketing, advertising and events purposes, They are sponsering Egypt no.1 race driver RAMI SERRY. they participated today in Egypt 2012 Red Bull drift compitition. among very strong competitors, like lancer evo 9,10, bmw e92 M3,bmw e46 m3, and several other heavily tuned cars. I'M PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE CAR WON THE FIRST PLACE. Ofcourse that was a result of a nicely well built and balanced car together with a very well experienced and talented driver. i was really busy preparing the car for the race last couple of weeks and now i am really proud of the result, the car, and my fellow driver Rami.

here are some pics for the car in the race followed by a video of the v8 1m free style drifting together with an e92 m3 driven by Middle east racing Champion Abdo Fghali, hope you enjoy the show guys.

i will also post middle east champion Abdo fghali's comment on the 1m v8 after trying it in the track,

UPDATED WITH VIDEOS:

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 43059
Size:  326.9 KB

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 45187
Size:  316.7 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 42857
Size:  424.0 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 42915