07-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #11
Tenspeed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i E88 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicDuty View Post
I didn't keep track of the time to apply but I can tell you it was faster than waxing. I only put one coat so far...haven't done any "stacking" for extra depth.

Drove through a rain storm yesterday and was impressed by how fast the water shed from the car. Also, once it was dry it didn't look as dirty as it normally would from driving through a down pour.

Here are some pictures of the rain marks and after washing. You can see that from the wide shot it doesn't look too bad but up close you can definitely see what Mother Nature left behind. Also noted that while washing the wash mitt really seemed to glide over the car. Anyway, time will tell if it lasts any longer than the Meguires ultimate wax I usually use.
Your car does look great! I am sharing this with all of my friends, especially those with dark colored cars.

On my wife's RX350 I discovered that our mineralized water will leave rings of minerals on the paint when I left a little water standing on it, but they washed right off. I just dry all of my vehicles when I was them at home.

I have since discovered that you do have to rub it because dirt will eventually show if you drive in the rain. It takes minimal effort for it to return to the deep reflection.
Appreciate 0