View Single Post
      04-19-2008, 08:51 AM   #24
Christos
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 s3.0 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by winthorp View Post
I have a 135i with steptronic on order and so far was under the impression that it is the one made by ZF that is also used in the 335i coupe. I double checked with BMW NA via the owners circle and they replied that it will be the ZF as used in the 335i.

At the same time 2 people stated that the window sticker for their 135i says their auto transmission is made in France and questioned if that means it is not the ZF (Getrag is known to build their trannys in France). The model number for the ZF steptronic in the 335i coupe is ZF6 TU19 and, I believe, made in Germany.

Did ZF suddenly start building transmissions in France?

How can one tell one for sure if he got the ZF transmission (or not...)?
I emailed ZF and this was their response:

Dear Mr.*****

thank you very much for your Email and your interest in ZF´s advanced driveline technology. The BMW 135i E82 (Cabriolet) and E88 (Coupé) are actually equipped with ZF´s 6-Speed automatic transmission 2nd generation. For the case of any further questions please don´t hesitate to contact me.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Kind regards
Holger Kirsch
Produktkommunikation Presse Technik (VVK-KP)/
Product Communication Trade Press
Konzernkommunikation/Corporate Communications

ZF Friedrichshafen AG
88038 Friedrichshafen, Deutschland / Germany
Telefon / Phone +49 7541 77-2488, Telefax / Fax +49 7541 77-902488
www.zf.com/presscenter

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Rainer Thieme
Vorstand/Board of Management: Hans-Georg Härter (Vorsitzender/CEO), Willi Berchtold, Uwe Berner, Michael Paul, Wolfgang Vogel
Sitz/Headquarters: Friedrichshafen
Handelsregistereintrag: Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 630206/Trade register of the municipal court of Ulm HRB 630206

Appreciate 0