02-03-2018, 04:07 PM   #82
RedCarrot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 AW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I'm not aware of those other teams' supposed gaffes; anyway, I'm talking about *SB* gaffes, who knows/cares what happens in the playoffs, even if they win no guarantee they'll lift the trophy.

If they don't want their detractors to have any ammo, stop w/ the voodoo messing around w/ the pressures (esp since it's all psychological), are you saying they were innocent and 0 was done to the balls? Cmon.
I did bring up SB gaffes - those committed by the Pats. My point was if you are going to take away Pats SB wins bc of other teams’ gaffe, then it’s only fare that you credit Pats SB wins on actual losses that were attributed by Pats’ own gaffe.

I am saying they are innocent. I still don’t see the prove that you mentioned. Please do one simple, honest experiment for me and I will cease my argument with you on this forever. Inflate a warm room temperature football or basketball (that does not leak) to 13 psi. Then leave it in your Toronto outdoor or in your fridge (game time temperature was low 40’s F, and wet) for 1.5 hrs. Then measure the psi of that same ball with the same gauge. You should find psi would drop by 1 to 2 psi, the same psi range that the Pats AND COLTS footballs had lost by when measured during half time.

Other absolute FACTS to consider on the 2 micky mouse gauges that the ref used to measure the footballs before game time and at halftime: both have bent needles (damaged); one has needle twice the length of the other; one measures .5 psi higher than the other; and the ref didn’t remember which gauge he used to measure which balls or when.

NFL finally decided to seriously capture ball psi data for all teams in the following 2015 season, but refused to release that data despite insistence from the media and public. But if one is willing to watch some credible experiment on YouTube, and/or conduct a similar experiment him/herself, and/or understand the Ideal Gas Law, and/or listen to esteemed academics/experts (some of whom are in NY and lifetime Jets fan) on the subject matter, he/she can arrive at the conclusion that Goddell is hoping to hide from you.
'00 S2000 (2000-2005)
Appreciate 0