Drives: E82 135i

Garage List
2019 X3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HT0307 View Post
I searched for days trying to find the answer to this question. I currently have JB4 and I'm considering adding the MHD Backend Flash. I want to know if it's worth it if I'm just running 93 octane. My mods are DCI, AR Catted Downpipes, ER Chargepipe with HKS BOV. I will in the future be adding FMIC and/or meth kit. But for my current set up, will adding the flash do anything? From my research it seems that he JB4 helps the MHD, not the other way around.
You may want to double check your research. The flash tune helps the jb4, not the other way around. With an MHD backend you'll most likely notice a smoother and more consistent power delivery and maybe even a bit more power. Plus it's like 80 bucks for the BEF so might as well try it out
Thank you, I appreciate the response. I was under the impression that the JB4 and MHD were almost the same but JB4 had more safety measures in place where the MHD would let you destroy your car if allowed so the JB4 sort of limited and helped keep you in a "safe zone" or limp mode if things got outside of where they should be. I'm probably going to do the BEF today, just needed clarification before I spent the $80.
Appreciate 0