View Single Post
      11-23-2018, 09:59 AM   #9
Audun
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-Series 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Ohh Wait!! You have a 1er Hatch... a F20 or F2X(two or four door hatch) 116i.

I thought you have a 135i coupe.

Something still sounds strange about your battery not holding a charge enough to start the car. Did your shop test the battery ? BMW's can do weird stuff when the battery starts to go bad. I know you stated the battery standing voltage and with the engine on... but it could just be a bad battery or battery terminal? (check the battery ground cable for resistance).

With BMW Carly you can code off the start stop to remember the last used setting.

Good Luck,
Dackel
Yes 4 door Hatch 116i, I thought this model was named E87?

BMW also mentioned check grounding cables. The one inside the battery trunk is a bit corroded where the bolt is. Is this sensitive to cold weather? Because it just turned really cold here. Will anything 'reset' If I polish/scrub/tidy up around the battery ground? How do I check the battery ground cable for resistance? Yes I'm a noob I have a multimeter.

And are those felt rings I saw on youtube just a silly thing? Or does it indeed help with corrosion? Felt washers.

I just noticed the battery lamp doesn't light up(if it even has one?) As a youtuber mentioned. It should light up when the key is in, it doesn't.

Annoying problem but necessary to learn this stuff actually.

Last edited by Audun; 11-23-2018 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0